Phantom107 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom107 Forum

Phantom107's Forum. Discuss about games, GML, 3d, game design here. Enjoy your stay ;)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Empty
PostSubject: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:45 am

I need a model done for a project I'm working on. I need a funny looking ship for it. Can anyone model this? It should look exactly like this:

Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Screencompilecp6

I'd like to have the bottom part of the ship and the masts as 2 seperate models.
The one capable of doing this will get this GM6 engine:

Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Screenshotfp9.th
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:50 am

you mind if its d3d or do you only take models?

Last edited by on Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:57 am

also, couldnt you please upload a uneditable version of the engine your giving out? I want to see what the feel in it is, and if it would work for a game Im making.
Back to top Go down
Watever742
Watever742

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:59 am

i will give it a shot but only if i dont have to provide a texture and if it can be in .obj or .x format
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 2:04 am

Why in d3d? The raw model exported by your modeler will be fine. I prefer *.obj format. Oh, and I think I can make the texture myself. UV-mapping this simple model shouldn't be too hard.

Here's the executable of the engine. Don't be fooled: this is extremely advanced. Note that unless you have my permission, noone can use any of it's resources. (and yes, the bullet fire collision checking works perfectly too)

link
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 2:54 am

yea so. i played the FPS and it keeps turning to the left. u should fix that. nice game.
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:02 am

really nice engine, I'll see what I can do Sad (as in I dont think my anim8tor boat will satisfy you) Well atleast I'll try it. Will you take it in anim8tor form?
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Sorry I can't open the native anim8or files. But animater can export in *.obj right?
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:35 pm

yeah, I'll import in to a model then... (That is if Ican make something good enough)
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 4:27 pm

slayer64 wrote:
yea so. i played the FPS and it keeps turning to the left. u should fix that. nice game.

What do you mean? Everything works perfectly on my machine.
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:19 pm

Phantom107 wrote:
slayer64 wrote:

What do you mean? Everything works perfectly on my machine.

well on MY computer it keeps turning left. scratch even if its in full screen. i bet i could fix it if u gave me the gm6. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:18 am

lol slayer... you might as well give it to me so I can"-thinks of a lame excuse-" see how you make your rooms lol!
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:16 am

Guilty Sparks wrote:
lol slayer... you might as well give it to me so I can"-thinks of a lame excuse-" see how you make your rooms lol!

i made a nice example here, along with room maker.

http://host-a.net/slayer64/room%20maker.zip
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:25 pm

No that's not how this engine works. First you just place the terrain objects in the room. Very simple. Then when you start up the game, everything gets generated. All faces of the terrain get generated automatically. Even the grass that hangs from the terrain. Not a single face gets generated inside the terrain. 100% effeciency.
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:45 pm

ok, ok, phantom. so your engine makes itself. not everybody's an eXpeRt like you.
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 8:23 pm

I was just explaining how it works.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:27 pm

slayer64 wrote:
ok, ok, phantom. so your engine makes itself. not everybody's an eXpeRt like you.
LOL that was great! (Sorry Phantom, Im not trying to insult you pale )
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:38 pm

sry phantom, but u sounded like you were diss'in my room maker example. all's good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:21 am

anyways, shouldnt we be discussing the model the forum is about rather than Phantoms shooter engine? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:06 pm

Ok so I found a very good modeler who already made me the model. Now the only problem is the texture. I want the ship to get a funny cartoony look. Can anyone make a texture like this? (like in the image shown above)
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:12 pm

what game is that ship from?
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:42 pm

The original game was released under different names for both Europe and USA. The name were 'Shipwreckers!' and 'Overboard!'. The game is very unknown.
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:03 pm

YES! texturs I can do... Do we get the engine if we do textures?
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:46 pm

Yes you do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:01 pm

lol sweet... What kind of file you want the textures in?
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:30 pm

*.BMP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)   Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Model Request: Cartoony Ship (simple I think)
Page 1 of 1