Phantom107 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom107 Forum

Phantom107's Forum. Discuss about games, GML, 3d, game design here. Enjoy your stay ;)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phantom Tetris

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

Phantom Tetris Empty
PostSubject: Phantom Tetris   Phantom Tetris Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:34 am

Ok, so 1 year ago I created this game called 'Phantom Tetris'. It's quite old, and I moved to 3d, but you guys might enjoy it...or not. That's up to yourself Wink

Phantom Tetris

Objective
The objective is to turn & place the blocks to form horizontal lines. When a horizontal line is full of blocks it disappeares. If the blocks stack all the way up top you lose.

How to Play
-- Menu --
Select up: Arrow Up
Select down: Arrow Down
Confirm: Enter

-- Game --
Move block left: Arrow Left
Move block right: Arrow Right
Move block down: Arrow Down
Turn block: Arrow Up
Instant Place: Spacebar
Pause game: P
Quit game: Escape

Download

v0.3 Executable: here
v0.3 Editable: here no music included! use anything you like, but only for some credit

Phantom Tetris Phantomtetris2bmprn0

Post what you think of it in this topic. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

Phantom Tetris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Tetris   Phantom Tetris Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:16 am

i can tell by how u design your games that u didn't start programming with game maker. did u?
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

Phantom Tetris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Tetris   Phantom Tetris Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Actually I did Razz
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

Phantom Tetris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Tetris   Phantom Tetris Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:24 pm

u did? why do you always design your games with loads of scripts? i hardly ever use them.
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

Phantom Tetris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Tetris   Phantom Tetris Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Because you'll see that when you're working on big projects things get so complicated you'll lose track of all the things going on. Especially when using speed techniques! The scripts help keeping track and are more easily editable than the loose pieces of code. But that's just how I like it the most. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

Phantom Tetris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Tetris   Phantom Tetris Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:00 pm

I too use many scripts. The only things I dont use scripts for are unique object drawing and motion. FOr example, in my MMORPG, every NPC must look different. I'd have over 100 scripts if I did a draw script for each one. SO I just use the coding...
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

Phantom Tetris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Tetris   Phantom Tetris Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:28 pm

Holy sh*t dude, 100 scripts?! There MUST be a way to optimize the whole thing. Could you explain precisely why A) you need that much pieces of code and B) How you drawing system works. It MUST be optimized, otherwise you'll kill gamemaker:P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Phantom Tetris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Tetris   Phantom Tetris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantom Tetris
Page 1 of 1