Phantom107 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom107 Forum

Phantom107's Forum. Discuss about games, GML, 3d, game design here. Enjoy your stay ;)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3d model editor's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

3d model editor's Empty
PostSubject: 3d model editor's   3d model editor's Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:08 am

what do people use for a model editor? i use Truespace 3. and i know about marizpan but i am clueless when i comes to using using it. i need to make models so i can make good 3d games, like those of N64. i have a dll that can calculate precise collisions for 3d objects. but i must still make some FaNcY code so the objects move correctly.

http://host-a.net/slayer64/precise%203d%20collisions.zip

i uploaded the file in case anybody wants to check it out. but tell me the best FREE model editor plz.
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

3d model editor's Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3d model editor's   3d model editor's Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:22 pm

I'm not a modeller myself but I suggest anim8or or blender. I heard blender is really hard to get into but it can do more advanced stuff. Marzipan is just for mode conversion, not modelling.

I suggest you put some more advanced objects in the room, because it's possible to achieve these collisions with regular GML.. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

3d model editor's Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3d model editor's   3d model editor's Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:42 pm

I use anim8tor, if your good at it, you can really make amazing stuff...
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

3d model editor's Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3d model editor's   3d model editor's Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:23 pm

Phantom107
Quote :
I suggest you put some more advanced objects in the room, because it's possible to achieve these collisions with regular GML.. Razz

can u show me some example code that would collide with something. i can make a collision with a slope but i don't want to make a bunch of triangular objects to collide with. this dll just collides the actual models and doesn't event use game maker's collisions. how do u do it?
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

3d model editor's Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3d model editor's   3d model editor's Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:43 pm

Yeah my GML collision system works only for blocks and slopes. Perfectly round objects should collide too with some coding tricks. However, other shapes won't work. Now in my game it is acceptable, but if you want triangular collisions in your game I'd suggest to stick with the DLL.
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
Sponsored content

3d model editor's Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3d model editor's   3d model editor's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3d model editor's
Page 1 of 1