Phantom107 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom107 Forum

Phantom107's Forum. Discuss about games, GML, 3d, game design here. Enjoy your stay ;)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

racing games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

racing games Empty
PostSubject: racing games   racing games Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:41 am

im making a racing game. SNES mario kart styled. does anyone know how to find what place each person is in? like 1st 2nd.....
Back to top Go down
stewrat
Loyal Poster
stewrat

racing games Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing games   racing games Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:02 am

It wouldn't be very good, but here's an idea. You have an object that when the cart object colides with it turns or sets a variable so that the person in first draws "first" then the object changes into another object that when the next cart colides with it that cart draws "second". and so on. It's lame, but it's an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yogamerclub.piczo.com
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

racing games Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing games   racing games Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:55 am

Or this is also a pretty lame idea, but every time a car passes the finish line, it changes into another obj. Then, on the collision with the finish line code, it counts the number of racer instances. Every time a player goes by, it sees how many obj racers there are and calculates from there Neutral
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

racing games Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing games   racing games Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:17 am

i know how to get their position after they cross the finish line, but what about when they pass each other? i'd be in 1st then get passed and i would then have to be second. how do i figure this out?
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

racing games Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing games   racing games Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:36 pm

I think the best way to check the positions using a node system. Say you travel from point A to point B. The one in first place will be the one closest to point B. Now when the one in first place had past around the corner of point B and travels to point C, then the one in first place will be the one closest to point C. Get the picture?
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
Sponsored content

racing games Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing games   racing games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

racing games
Page 1 of 1