Phantom107 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom107 Forum

Phantom107's Forum. Discuss about games, GML, 3d, game design here. Enjoy your stay ;)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Empty
PostSubject: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Rotating HUD Map

I've seen a lot of 3d games which don't have a good map. Mostly it's some plain thing in one color and some dots to indicate objects on the map. I've made an example to show you how you can make a more professional map that rotates along with the direction of the camera. Smile

Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Link

Last edited by on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
stewrat
Loyal Poster
stewrat

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 am

Awesome Awsome. I don't think we'll use this in one of our upcoming history games, but I've wanted a map for like a police chase game or something. Hey! It's something to thing about!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yogamerclub.piczo.com
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:49 pm

Nice, this type of map will be real nice in my rpg/(hopefully some day)mmorpg
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:29 pm

when I try to display the floor sprite on the hud, it isnt there... Its like a box thats see-through now... No How would I fix this? Im using the
with (o_Terrain) {draw_sprite(sprite_Terrain,0,x,y)} code, with sprite_Terrain being the floor sprite.
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:35 pm

I also just now tried to put it on your other tutorial to see if it would work, but I had the same problem...
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:27 am

This shouldn't be a problem. I bet the drawing order is incorrect. Upload the GM6, so I can have a look.
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:01 am

On the second try, all I did was copy the codes onto that fps tutorail to see if that worked... Oh and I changed the codes to fit the game
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:02 am

oh wait now it works... affraid wierd... the sprites are different fro mthe sprites, but I should be able to fix that
Back to top Go down
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:22 am

Could you post the fps demo thing with the hud map so I could see what Im doing wrong? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games   Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Example: Rotating HUD Map For 3d Games
Page 1 of 1