Phantom107 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom107 Forum

Phantom107's Forum. Discuss about games, GML, 3d, game design here. Enjoy your stay ;)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chess Demos/Chess Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

Chess Demos/Chess Help Empty
PostSubject: Chess Demos/Chess Help   Chess Demos/Chess Help Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:46 pm

are there any chess player vs GM bot demos? Not those 2 player ones? This may sound simple, but actually, omg...

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Chess Demos/Chess Help   Chess Demos/Chess Help Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:58 pm

Doing actual in GM would be very very hard - I haven't even seen it done yet. You have to let the AI think numerous steps ahead, which is very hard. But I think noone is going to play chess in GM anyway. People mostly want action games. If you want to play real chess, better get some professional chess software. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Chess Demos/Chess Help   Chess Demos/Chess Help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:14 am

yeah I know it would be VERY hard.. and chess demos that are player vs player?
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: Chess Demos/Chess Help   Chess Demos/Chess Help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:24 am

Pretty simple....if you know how to use grids and arrays
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: Chess Demos/Chess Help   Chess Demos/Chess Help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:33 am

ok, I have a bunch of white squares and black squares. I want it so when I click on a pwn, the square it can move to is turned into a different object. SO how would I make it that the square nearest to the square the pwn (which I clicked) is "selected"?
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: Chess Demos/Chess Help   Chess Demos/Chess Help Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:55 am

no. no. no. dont change the objects. just make the squares change color. use image_single to select the right image number. use a with() statement to figure out if a square is near the pawn so it can be moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chess Demos/Chess Help   Chess Demos/Chess Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chess Demos/Chess Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Phantom107 Forum :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: