Phantom107 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom107 Forum

Phantom107's Forum. Discuss about games, GML, 3d, game design here. Enjoy your stay ;)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP!!!! *closed by request*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Watever742
Watever742

HELP!!!! *closed by request* Empty
PostSubject: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:37 am

i gave up on my game darkness of space because well i dont know how to animate and how to get a gun to shoot a damn model can some1 please help me with this ok

List of problems
  1. Bullet doesnt face right way
  2. Bullet doesnt always even appear
  3. Bullet isnt fully drawn
  4. Bullet sometimes isnt even drawn at all
  5. Gun Moves opposite way of the camera

New List
  1. Bullet isnt drawn
  2. need to learn how to load animated models

Link
here is link to fix it learn from it and fix it

Team Request

1.Splash Programmer
2.Animator Programmer and animator
3.3d Designer
4.Texture Artist (for models)

Last edited by on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:18 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Watever742
Watever742

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:44 am

oh yea and to slayer 64 i edited the code alot because ur code did not have very good calculations for the camera "cc,ss,ccc,sss" so i replaced them but i left cc,ss,ccc,sss but i didnt use it so i also understand all ur code now except idk why im having these problems and im still learning to program Smile i understand all the code idk why im having probs tho

also can some1 plz tell me how to animate by giving me a SIMPLE tutorial / example

PLEASE HELP

ALL HELP GIVEN APPRECIATED (unless it sucks.... lol jk) Razz
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:08 pm

let me guess. u used code like this for calculating the projection.

Code:
d3d_set_projection(x,y,8,x+cos(degtorad(MouseHor)),y-sin(degtorad(MouseHor)),8-tan(degtorad(MouseVer)),0,0,1);

yea so maybe u should have left it alone. Smile
Back to top Go down
Watever742
Watever742

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:48 am

so ur telling me to put back cc,ss,ccc,sss as the main calculations?
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:17 am

well, it worked when i had it. Very Happy but its your game, do what u want. i dont care.
Back to top Go down
Watever742
Watever742

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:57 am

fine then but then after i use them tell me what to do to fix my other problems
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Sorry I can't open *.gmk files. If you give me an *.exe I can see what's wrong.

I presume you're going to actually launch a bullet. Why? Unless you're making UT kind of weapon like flak cannon or bio rifle I don't see any reason to actually make a bullet with motion. Actually the motion makes it able to move through things if not done right. You could use instant bullets instead. Just use a for-loop to check for collision and instantly shoot & collide a bullet. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://phantom107.actieforum.com
Guilty Sparks
Heavy Poster
Guilty Sparks

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:58 pm

I agree with whatever Phantom says... lol! Ok but you shouldnt give up on the game, It great (except for the errors you listed, of course)
Back to top Go down
Watever742
Watever742

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:03 am

phantom why dont u get gm7 so u can read them u can upgrade so u dont pay
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:23 pm

I got my gm6 reg key from a friend.. And I'm not going to pay for GM7 while I can do GM6 for free.
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:03 pm

Phantom107 wrote:
I got my gm6 reg key from a friend.. And I'm not going to pay for GM7 while I can do GM6 for free.

dont be so cheap phantom, dont u want to support game maker? game maker 8 will kick ass if you support it. oh well, i used to use gm6 with a key i found on the internet. lol. its so easy.
Back to top Go down
Phantom107
Admin
Phantom107

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:39 pm

Haha yeah I think that friend got the key illegal too. Before I support GM8 I first want to see some major improvements. GM7 was a huge disappointment for me. I want GM8 to run C++. I don't necessarily need shaders and fancy 3d stuff, but GM should speed up one hell of a lot.
Back to top Go down
Watever742
Watever742

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:41 pm

ok then is there a gmk to gm6 converter?
Back to top Go down
Watever742
Watever742

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:55 am

ok ok slayer 64 with ur thing alot of things were fixed and i edited some code but now i have only 2 problems.

1.Bullet Doesnt Draw At All
2.Need to learn how to animate things!!!
Back to top Go down
slayer64
Heavy Poster
slayer64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 pm

well make sure the bullet is being created in the right spot. if you dont even see the sparks hitting the wall, then the bullet must be going i the wrong direction or something. draw what these values are up in the corner. and the values of the player.

Code:
draw_text(40,40,string(Bullet.direction));

if you know the bullet is traveling the right direction then make sure your transformation code is right. you don't want code like this.

Code:
d3d_transform_set_identity();

d3d_add_translation(x,y,z);//this moves the bullet to position

d3d_model_draw(model,x,y,z,tex);//these should be 0's not x,y,z

d3d_transform_set_identity();

that code can make the bullet jump WAY off course.
Back to top Go down
Watever742
Watever742

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 5:35 am

ok screw models ima just use different sprites.....CLOSE THIS TOPIC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!! *closed by request*   HELP!!!! *closed by request* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!! *closed by request*
Page 1 of 1